- Davis Vantage Pro2 (8/13/13)
- Battery backup and UPS backup (uninterruptible power supply)
- Wind speed and direction unit is tower side mounted 35 feet above
ground and approx 650' ASL.
- Temperature and humidity sensors are in a radiation shield 10 feet above
- Rain gauge is an automatic emptying type
- Known issues:
- Wind speed may read low due to nearby trees. This is most noticeable
in the southerly directions in the summer.
The weather station is close to the water which moderates the
temperatures, especially during westerly winds. This often results in
higher temperatures in the winter and lower in the summer than what you
would see further inland.
Software & Interface
- Dedicated Pentium 2.66 running Windows XP
- 1GB Ram
- Protected with a UPS
- Internet - high speed cable
- The weather data is transferred from the Davis Vantage Pro2 to the
computer via the USB interface every 5 seconds
- This is accomplished using Davis Weatherlink and a modified Ajax/PHP
- Approximately every 5 minutes the latest weather data is uploaded to www.pilor.com
- The data you see on the internet should be no more than 5 minutes
old. Assuming your clock and mine are set for the same time! The weather
computer clock is corrected to exact time every 24 hours.
- The website is of my own design using HTML and some Java and as of
8/13/13 a modified PHP template from Saratoga Weather
- If you would like to support the Kincardine Amateur Weather
Station we do accept local advertising for a modest cost. Please
click Contact above for information.
- Have a suggestion or comment please Email the Webmaster